Recruit. Retain. Reinvest.
Our website address is: https://teacheast.com.
1. What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
Information that you provide us directly
We collect personal information whenever you contact us and provide us with information that we are able to identify you by, including when you contact us by phone, email, live chat or when you sign up to use any of our services. In particular, we collect information about you when you register and create a Teach East account, upload your CV information including with an image of yourself, subscribe to receive email updates from us, take part in a competitions or market research and every time you e-mail us directly.
Content posted by you containing personal information
If you post any personal information to any of our public forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications. In some circumstances we may display aliases that identify you as a user but not your actual personal information (your username for example) when you post material to the Sites to allow users to identify each other.
Information that we automatically collect (including use of “cookies”)
We automatically gather certain limited information about your visits to our Sites. This includes demographic data and browsing patterns. Information automatically received includes your: IP address (which identifies the computer or device that you use to access the Sites); the time and date of your visit; browser; operating system; internet connection details, as well as a breakdown of your journey through our Sites and products that you searched for. This is used to build up professional and marketing profiles, to aid strategic development, to manage our relationship with advertisers, to assess potentially fraudulent or other criminal activities and to audit usage of the Sites.
Please note that if you do disable cookies, certain services on our Sites may not be available. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use products or services that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of offerings or use on all our Sites.
Information that we collect from third parties
Certain third party partners of Teach East may provide us with information relating to you. It is that third party’s responsibility to ensure that it has obtained your consent to do this. However, where possible, we will request from our partners that they have the right to pass on this information.
2. How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes where it is necessary to perform a contract, or enter into a contract, with you:
• To authenticate your identity and administer your Teach East account;
• To deal with your enquiries and requests;
• To share with recruitment institutions (if you are applying for a job);
• To provide you with job opportunity services we believe may be relevant to you when you when you have opted in to being contacted about such services. Teach East uses both machine led and human led recruitment services when providing this service (you can amend these settings at any time by visiting the My profile section of your account)
• To send you Job Alerts where you have signed up for
• To provide you access to a third party product or service that can be accessed via your Teach East account;
• To enter you into competitions or prize draws upon your request;
• Where we provide a product or service to you, and that service is transferred to a third party organisation, to ensure the uninterrupted provision of that service to you.
We may use your personal information where we have a legitimate business interest to do so. These legitimate interest are:
• To personalise aspects of our services to you;
• To carry out market research or surveys about our products and services;
• For marketing and strategic development purposes, for example to identify trends usage;
• To enable our data processors (such as our group companies and hosting providers) to provide services (or components thereof) requested by you;
• To market our products and services to you in conjunction with your position at an organisation;
• For the proper keeping of business records;
• To analyse and create statistical reports based on the services we provide and our performance of those services;
• To enable you to continue accessing a product or service which you us in the event that the product or service is transferred to a third party organisation;
• To investigate any accused or actual misuse of our platform for discriminatory behaviour including, but not limited to, discrimination based on age, race, sexuality, gender or gender reassignment, nationality, disability, religion or belief.
3. Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
Data Protection Legislation mandates that any personal information can only be used where there is a lawful basis to do so. At Teach East, we rely on one or more of the following grounds to legally collect and use your personal information:
• The data is necessary for the performance of the contract which we have with you (i.e. to provide our services to you);
• We are using your personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so;
• We have a legal obligation to process your personal information;
• You have consented to the use of your personal information by us.
Where we rely on your consent to process any of your personal information, you may revoke your consent at any time. Any such revocation will not affect the lawfulness of any prior use of that personal information.
4. Automated Processing of your personal data, including Profiling
When you register to any of our services, you have opted in to be contacted about jobs, the data you have provided regarding your experience, qualifications and interests will be used alongside your profile on the site/app activity to match you to relevant roles. Also, you profile can be visible to clients in real time. The purpose of this is to provide a limited, accurate and appropriate set of data to schools for machine led and human led recruitment purposes and help ensure that you are only contacted about roles relevant to you.
If you would not like your profile to be viewed by schools in real-time, please ensure the box found within the Settings – career preferences section of your profile is unticked.
5. Personal information that we share with third parties
• Third parties that we share your personal information with
• Where you have entered into a relevant contract with us, we will share your personal information with other third parties (who will also be data controllers in respect of the information that we share). For example, some of our Sites and services are hosted by us on behalf of those recruiting schools that have signed-up to process job vacancies and applications via the service. This sharing will include information related to job applications including your CV/profile, and where requested your image if you have provided one to us. To the extent you have any concerns about an institution’s handling of your personal information you should get in touch with that institution.
• Other circumstances where use or share your personal information
• In certain circumstances, we may be required by law to disclose your personal information for investigative, regulatory or other related purposes to third parties such as government bodies, law enforcement agencies, banks or other financial institutions and data protection regulators.
6. Data retention, data security and transfers of personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
We take steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will only keep your personal information for as long as we reasonably require and for the activities we have detailed above. This means we will retain personal information for the duration of any contract we have with you, in line with any legal obligation for data retention (such as that for HMRC) or, primarily, until erasure is requested by you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via email and/or our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
The personal information that we collect from you will, where possible, be stored and processed within the EEA. In certain circumstances, we may require third parties that are based outside of the EEA to process, host or store your personal information and by submitting your personal information to us, you are acknowledging this transfer, storing or processing. Please note that countries outside the EEA may not have the same standard of data protection legislation as countries within the EEA.
7. Your rights – Accessing, erasing and updating your personal information
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your information please contact us via our contact us option on our website or APP. You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to:
• make any changes to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date;
• erase or stop processing any personal information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or
• transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party.
Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding such issues. Further information about how to make a complaint can be obtained at www.ico.org.uk .
8. How to unsubscribe from any email alerts that you receive
If you have elected to receive information about our products or services or the products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations and/or “alerts” from us via email (for example, registering your profile on our portal/app) and would like at any time to unsubscribe from this service, please email us at email@example.com or click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email.
10. Legal and Contact Information
The registered office of Quality Teaching Staff is:
Quality Teaching Staff Limited
Suite 34 Northlight Parade
Register as a School
Interested in recruiting some of the best candidates to fill your vacancies in the Middle East?